Bialystok University of Technology undertakes to ensure the accessibility of the pb.edu.pl/en website pursuant to the Polish Act of 4 April 2019 on the digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities. This accessibility statement applies to the biometria.wi.pb.edu.pl website
Website’s publication date: 11-05-2017.
Last major update: 12-03-2021.
The website is partially compliant with the Act on the digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities due to the following incompatibilities or exclusions:
- Not all documents available for download are accessible digitally. We are currently working on converting WORD and PDF files into digitally accessible versions.
- Due to the large number of pages on the website, it may happen that alternative texts have not been added to the photographs or graphics.
- It may happen that forms to be completed are not fully digitally accessible. Work is currently underway to ensure their accessibility.
- It may happen that elements clicked on to start a link in a new window/tab of your web browser do not inform about it. We are currently working on this.
- Some elements of the website may have too little contrast.
- The ability to navigate with the keyboard requires further refinement.
- There are no skip links to skip certain sections (blocks) on the website.
- The films made available do not have audio transcriptions or extended subtitles (for persons with hearing impairment), as most of them were published before the Digital Accessibility Act entered into force.
- It may happen that in archival entries in the category news & events, headlines are used non-hierarchically, in headline markers (h1, h2, etc.) a large amount of text is inserted, or texts alternative to photographs in photo galleries are repeated.
- Maps are exempt from accessibility. The contact details of Bialystok University of Technology and its Faculties are available in the text form on the Contact webpage, and the contact details of the University’s units are available in the text form on the Contact webpages of the websites of the particular organizational units of Bialystok University of Technology.
This statement was issued on 21-09-2020. The declaration is based on self-assessment.
You can use standard keyboard shortcuts on the website.
Feedback and contact details
In case of problems with the website accessibility please email the person responsible for issues related to the accessibility of the website, Mr Tomasz Jastrzebski, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+48) 501 032 551. Using the same contact details, you can request unavailable information or complain about lack of accessibility.
Everybody has the right to request the accessibility of a website, mobile application, or any element thereof. You may also request information in alternative forms, for example reading a digitally inaccessible document or describing the content of a film without audio transcription. The request should include the name of the person making the request, information on which website or mobile application it is about, and the way the person making the request can be contacted. If the person requests information in an alternative form, they should also specify the form of the information.
Public entities should comply with such requests immediately (no later than within 7 days). If meeting this deadline is not possible, public entities shall immediately inform when it will be possible to comply with the requests (this deadline shall not be longer than 2 months). If it is not possible to ensure accessibility, public entities may propose alternative ways to access the information.
If an entity refuses to comply with a request for accessibility or alternative access to information, you can make a complaint against such action.
If you have used all appeal possibilities, you may lodge a complaint with the Polish Commissioner for Human Rights.